Recipe of the week 🙂
Potato grilled sandwiches make perfect for breakfast and is also a teatime snacks. Potato sandwich is one of the most delicious and easy Indian sandwich recipes that can be made without much effort. To prepare the dish I have used boiled potato for filling, same filling you can use for making paratha, masala dosa or also can be used as a sabzi for roti.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 1
Category : Breakfast, Teatime snacks, Lunch box for kids
Cuisine : Indian
4 Slices of bread
2 Medium sized boiled and mashed potatoes
1 Small onion chopped
2 Green chilies chopped
1 Teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
2 Tablespoons green chutney
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook potato until soft. Mash the potatoes well without lumps.
- Finely chop green chilies and onions. Make a smooth paste of ginger and garlic.
- In a pan heat oil, add green chilies, onion and ginger-garlic paste. Sauté until translucent.
- Add in the mashed potatoes, turmeric powder and salt. Mix altogether.
- Add 1 to 2 tsps. of water and mash it again to a smooth paste to make spreading easier.
- At the end, add in the cilantro and mix again.
For the green chutney, click here Green Chutney
- Apply green chutney on one side of bread, now apply a thick layer of potato masala on the same side evenly and again apply tomato sauce on the other one side of bread. Cover it with the same bread and apply butter on bread side facing towards the grill. Repeat the same for rest of bread pieces.
- Place two sandwich on toaster and toast until bread becomes brown and crispy or as you like your sandwich to be, repeat it for another batch.
- You can use oil if you don’t like butter.
- You can do the same on a hot tawa or pan too and press gently bread while roasting.