Recipe of the week 🙂
This is a perfect snack with evening chai or served as an appetizer. Bread potato rolls are crunchy outside, spicy and soft inside. It can be made in a jiffy. Bread rolls are prepared with bread, stuffed with spicy mashed potatoes and then deep-fried. They are best served with green chutney or tomato sauce.
This snack is very delicious and is very tempting you must try it.
Prep time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 40 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Appetizer, Snacks
Cuisine : Indian
4 Slices of bread
2 Large boiled and mashed potatoes
2 Green chilies chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger-garlic
1/2 Cup fresh/ frozen green peas
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1 Teaspoon cumin powder
Oil as needed
Salt to taste
- Pressure cook potato until soft. Once done, drain water and allow it to cool down, peel off the skin and mash it well with out lumps.
- Finely chop green chilies, ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped green chilies, ginger, garlic and green peas. Sauté for a minute.
- Add cashews, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder. Sauté again for a minute.
- Add in the mashed potatoes and salt. Mix altogether.
- Add 1 to 2 tsp. of water and mash it again to a smooth paste to make spreading easier.
- At the end, add in the cilantro and mix again. Allow it to cool.
- Trim off the crust of the bread-using knife.
- Take 1-2 inch deep water in a vessel. Take a slice of bread and dampen it with water, squeeze the water from the bread.
- Place a tsp. of potato filling or depending on the size of the bread, at the center of the bread.
- Roll the bread and close the edges so as to get an even outer cover.
- Do the same with the other slices of bread and keep aside.
- Now, heat oil in a kadai, fry the bread rolls until crisp and golden in color.
- To remove excess oil, drain the bread rolls on kitchen paper towels or tissues.
- Serve the bread rolls with green chutney and tomato sauce.