Today’s dinner was little different instead of simple salad , I prepared chicken and quinoa soup, which was much filling, healthy and nutritious.
This main course soup is hearty, loaded with veggies, chicken and super healthy quinoa. So make a pot this weekend and enjoy it for lunch or dinner throughout the week.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 45 minutes
Servings : 2-3
Category : Soup
Cuisine : Comfort food
1 Cup quinoa
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 Cup mixed vegetables (Carrots, Celery, Green bell pepper, Broccoli)
2-3 Finely chopped green chilies
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger and garlic
1 Cup shredded cooked chicken
3 Cups of chicken broth
1/2 Teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper powder
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large stockpot; add ginger, garlic, onions, green chilies, and sauté for a minute.
- Add in the veggies and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add quinoa and again sauté for few more minutes.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add chicken, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cumin powder, black pepper powder and salt to taste. Squeeze in a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Stir once and boil it for few more minutes.
Serve hot. Enjoy! 🙂