Recipe of the week 🙂
Hmm… how should I describe the dish? Let me try 1) Tangy 2) Spicy 3) Slightly sweet 4) Colorful. Oh yes how else can I describe the dish better than this.
Jalfrezi is the dishes originated during British rule in east India. Jalfrezi is one of the popular dishes in many Indian restaurants. It is basically stir frying the veggies.
It is also great as stuffing for Kati roll. When it is done serve them immediately.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 4-5
Category : Side dish
Cuisine : North Indian
1 Cup paneer or cottage cheese
3/4 Cup baby corns
1/2 Sliced tomato without seeds
1/4 Cup onion strips
1/4 Cup red bell pepper
1/4 Cup green bell pepper
2 Green chilies
3 Spring onions with greens
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- In a bowl take hot water and dip paneer (cottage cheese) in it and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Cut paneer in lengthwise. Baby corns, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, tomato and onion in lengthwise into thin strips.
- Finely chop ginger, green chilies and spring onion greens.
- In a wok heat oil and add splutter cumin seeds. Add onions strips and sauté until transparent.
- Add in the chopped green chilies and ginger. Sauté for few minutes.
- Add all the dry powder red chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder. Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced tomato, baby corns, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, paneer slices and required salt. Sauté for a minute.
- Now, add in the tomato sauce and lemon juice. Toss gently and sauté on a high flame for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve immediately.