Ginger egg drop soup is a very popular soup in Chinese restaurants. It is an easy, simple, tasty and comfortable soup recipe. The soup can be made in no time, with minimum ingredients from your kitchen.
So lets begin with ginger egg drop soup in my kitchen….
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 20 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Soup
Cuisine : Chinese
2 Cups chicken broth
2-3 Green chilies chopped
1 Tablespoon minced ginger
1 Tablespoon spring onion greens
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper powder
1 Teaspoon cornstarch
1 Teaspoon sesame oil
Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and egg yolk together using a fork.
- Stir together the cornstarch and water to dissolve cornstarch.
- Mince ginger, chop green chilies and spring onion greens.
- Add chicken broth, minced ginger and chopped green chilies to a saucepan, bring it to a boil.
- Add in the black pepper powder, salt and dissolved cornstarch. Mix well.
- Slowly stream in the beaten egg while stirring the soup.
- Add sesame oil and spring onion greens. Stir altogether.
Serve hot immediately and enjoy!