Who said you have to be sick to have soup. Everybody deserves hot and delicious chicken soup. Homemade version of chicken soup is chock-full of seasonal vegetables like carrots, celery, green bell pepper and onions. What you need to do is slowly cook chicken and fresh vegetables in chicken broth adding in a pinch of black pepper and enjoy the flavor of soup.
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 20 minutes
Servings : 2-3
Category : Soup
Cuisine : Comfort food
1 Cup mixed vegetables (Carrots, Celery, Green bell pepper, Green peas)
2 Finely chopped green chilies
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 Tablespoon ginger and garlic
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper powder
1 Cup shredded cooked chicken
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 Cups of chicken broth
1 Bouillon cube
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large stockpot; add ginger and garlic, onions, green chilies, and sauté for a minute.
- Add in the veggies and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add chicken, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add bouillon cube, salt and black pepper powder to taste. Stir once and boil it for few more minutes.
Hot chicken soup is ready to serve.