Recipe of the week 🙂
It is an Indian version of the beloved crepe. The dish is very tasty, quick and easy to make snack. The dish is a sweet coconut stuffed dosa.
I remember during my childhood Mom used to quickly make these on Sundays, and I used to eat the filling first and then the dosa. These are great evening snacks, and also great for breakfast.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes per dosa
Servings : 4 – 5
Category : Breakfast, Snacks
Cuisine : South Indian
1 Cup maida or all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
3/4 Cup water
Oil for making dosa
For the filling:
1 Cup grated coconut
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 Teaspoon crushed cumin seeds
2 Pinches of cardamom powder
- In a bowl add the all purpose flour and salt. Combine it well and add the water little at a time until you get a nice smooth batter, which is not too thick or not too runny.
- In another bowl add grated coconut, sugar (you can add more, if you like it sweeter), cardamom powder and crushed cumin seeds. Combine well.
Method of preparing dosa:
- Heat the tawa for preparing dosa, grease it slightly and pour a ladle full of batter in the middle of the pan and spread in a circular motion.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil around the dosa and cook covered.
- Once the dosa is cooked, flip the dosa to the other side and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Flip again and fill in the coconut filling in a line into the dosa and roll it out and transfer it to a serving plate.