I am here again with one pot recipe pulao. This dish is rich in protein and fiber, which makes a meal wholesome. Last time when I prepared Chole Pulao, I used basmati rice. In this recipe to make it more nutrients I am using brown rice to make this awesome pulao. This is a perfect lunchbox recipe too; do try this easy pulao recipe.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 45 minutes
Servings : 2-3
Category : Rice dish
Cuisine : Indian
1/2 Cup kala chana or black chickpea
1 Cup brown rice
1 Small finely chopped onion
1 Medium sized finely chopped tomato
2-3 Green chilies
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger – garlic
1 Teaspoon amchur powder
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1 Teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
For the seasoning:
1 Inch piece cinnamon
1 Bay leaf
- Wash and soak the chana overnight and Pressure cook till soft adding very less water and salt.
- Cook brown rice with 2 cups of water with the lid on for 20- 30 minutes on a medium flame or until the rice is cooked.
- Finely chop onion, ginger, garlic, tomato and slit green chilies.
- Heat oil in a pan; add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf. Fry for few seconds and add in the chopped onion, ginger, garlic and salt. Sauté until transparent.
- Add green chilies and tomatoes along with the dry spices red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and amchur powder. Sauté and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cooked chickpeas. Sauté and cook for few minutes.
- Now, add cooked rice and toss them lightly.
- Add cilantro and toss everything well. You may add 2-3 tablespoons of chana stock if you feel the need.
- Cover it and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
Serve hot garnished with cilantro.