I am here posting another famous dosa variant spring roll dosa. It is a famous streets food. Dosa is filled with vegetable filling and served.
I usually do not prefer to add noodles to the filling and hence I avoided it but if you like you can always add. If you love Indo-Chinese you would definitely love this Spring roll dosa.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Yields : 6 Dosas
Category : Breakfast
Cuisine : South Indian, Indo-Chinese, fusion
3 Cups Dosa batter
Oil for making dosa
For the filling:
1 Small onion
1 Carrot julienned
1 Cup shredded cabbage
1 Medium sized capsicum
1 Tablespoon chopped spring onions
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger-garlic
1 Teaspoon tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon soya sauce
1 Tablespoon red chili sauce
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a wok; add finely chopped ginger and garlic. Then add onions and sauté on high flame until onions are transparent.
- Add carrot and sauté until it is cooked half. Then add cabbage and sauté for a few minutes.
- Now, add capsicum, salt, soya sauce, tomato sauce, red chili sauce and black pepper powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook the vegetables. The vegetables should retain their crunchiness.
- Garnish with spring onions and set aside.
Method of preparing dosa:
- Heat tawa for preparing dosa, keep the stove on medium flame and pour a ladleful of batter in the middle of the pan and spread in a circular motion.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil around the dosa and cook covered.
- Once the dosa is cooked, flip the dosa to the other side and cook for another 2-3 seconds.
- Then flip the dosa again, place the needed stuffing in one corner and roll it to the end.
- Remove it from the tawa and cut the rolled dosa and serve hot.
- You can add cooked noodles to the dosa filling