Tomato dosa Recipe is yet another South Indian variety of dosa which is popularly eaten for breakfast in many parts of India. This dish has a tangy twist to the normal dosa.
The texture and flavor increases our appetite.
lets begin with the recipe using simple ingredients.
Prep time : 1 Hour
Cooking time : 5 minutes per dosa
Servings : 4 – 5
Category : Breakfast
Cuisine : South Indian
2 Cups raw rice
1 Small onion
3-4 Green chilies
1 Inch ginger piece
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
2-3 Chopped shallots
Salt to taste
- Soak raw rice in water for around 3 hours. Drain and grind with 1/4 cup of water to a smooth paste along with all other ingredients.
- Finely chop cilantro and shallots.
- To this batter add in the chopped shallots and cilantro, mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tawa, grease it with oil.
- Take a ladle of batter, pour it in the center of the tawa and spread it to a circular motion.
- Drizzle some oil along the edges and cook for 2mins. Flip on the other side and cook until done.
Serve hot with Unakka Mulaku Chammanthi / Dried Red Chili Chutney.