Recipe of the week 🙂
Here is another indo Chinese recipe called chili mushroom. Mushrooms are rich in protein and vitamin D.
You can make the dish either gravy or semi gravy or dry version, I have made it semi gravy, which goes great with fried rice.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4-5
Category : Appetizer
Cuisine : Indo Chinese
250 Gms button mushrooms
Oil for deep-frying
For the batter:
3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons corn flour
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 Cup water to make thick batter
Salt to taste
For the sauce:
1 Large onion
1/4 Cup red bell pepper
3 Spring onions with greens
1 Tablespoon ginger garlic paste
2-3 Green chilies
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper powder
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons soya sauce
2 Tablespoons red chili sauce
1 Tablespoon corn flour
1/2 Cup of water for diluting corn flour
1 Tablespoon oil
- Finely chop onion, green chilies and spring onion greens.
- Make a smooth paste of ginger and garlic.
- Cut red bell pepper in medium square pieces.
Preparation of batter:
- Rinse mushrooms, wipe it off with kitchen towel to remove the moisture and cut them into medium pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, corn flour, salt and red chili powder. Mix well with water to get a thick batter.
- Heat oil for frying, dip and coat the mushrooms in the batter & fry them till golden brown. Keep them aside.
Preparation of sauce and gravy:
- In a pan heat oil and add onion, when it becomes translucent add red bell pepper, green chilies, ginger and garlic paste. Sauté for few minutes.
- Then, add tomato sauce, soya sauce, red chili sauce and needed salt.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of corn flour in 1/2 cup of water without lumps. Add this to the mixture and cook till you get your desired consistency.
- Then add the fried mushrooms, black pepper powder and stir so that the sauce coats the mushroom well.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water to make semi gravy.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot as an appetizer.
- Its important to dry the mushrooms properly before dipping it in batter, otherwise it would splash while deep frying.