Eggs are widely used in Indian Cuisine to make curries mainly because they are versatile. Egg curry is the easiest has always been a favorite at home. You may also like to check more egg curry recipes on this blog below Potato Egg Curry, Egg Roast / Mutta Roast / Kerala Style Egg Roast, Spinach Egg Curry / Anda Palak Curry. etc.
Egg curries can be made in several ways. The spices that are added are basic.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Total time : 40 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main course
Cuisine : Indian
4 Boiled eggs
1 Cup sliced onion
2-3 Green chilies
0.5 Cup finely chopped tomato
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger-garlic
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1 Tablespoon coriander powder
1 Teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
0.5 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1.5 Tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
- Place eggs in a vessel add 1/2 tsp of salt and enough water to cover the eggs. Bring water to boil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Drain the water, pour cold water over it and peel the shell. Perfect hard-boiled eggs are ready.
- Make slits on the top and bottom, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put little bit of turmeric powder and salt. Drop all the eggs, fry it till slightly change its color and keep aside.
- Chop tomatoes, ginger and garlic, slit green chilies and slice onions.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it splutters add green chilies, ginger, garlic, onion and salt. Cook till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and cook until tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add in the fried eggs. Mix everything well, cover it with the lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.