Chole pulao one pot spiced fragrant pulao recipe made with cooked chickpeas. If you are looking for some variety in your daily meals, then here’s a great, hearty and healthy meal. This is also a delicious combination of rice, chickpeas. It is rich in protein and fiber, which makes a meal wholesome.
So lets begin with simple and quick chole pulao with simple steps.
Soaking time : 8 hours or overnight
Prep time : 15 minutes (excluding soaking time)
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 45 minutes
Servings : 2-3
Category : Rice dish
Cuisine : Indian
1/2 Cup white chana
1 Cup basmati rice
1 Small sliced onion
1 Medium size chopped tomato
2-3 Green chilies
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger – garlic
0.5 Teaspoon red chili powder
1 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1 Teaspoon amchur powder
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
For the seasoning:
1 Inch piece cinnamon
1 Bay leaf
- Wash and soak the chana overnight and Pressure cook till soft adding very less water and salt.
- Pressure cook rice with 1.5 cups of water, wait for the first whistle and switch off the flame.
- Finely chop ginger, garlic and tomato.
- Slit green chilies and slice onion.
- In a pan heat oil, add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaf. Fry for few seconds and add in the sliced onion, chopped ginger, garlic and salt. Sauté until transparent.
- Add in the green chilies and tomatoes along with the dry spices red chili powder, garam masala powder and amchur powder. Sauté and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cooked chickpeas. Sauté and cook for few minutes.
- Now, add in the cooked rice and toss them lightly.
- Add cilantro and toss everything well. You may add 2-3 tablespoons of water if you feel the need.
- Cover it and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!