Recipe of the week 🙂
Today’s special recipe is gonna be paneer tikka. It’s a summer time and that means it’s BBQ time. This is an ideal dish for a vegetarian BBQ. You can prepare this on skillet or in an oven, but in my opinion the real smoky flavor is only attained when you prepare this dish over a charcoal grill.
Paneer tikka is marinated paneer cubes along with cubes of onions and red and green bell peppers, arranged on skewers and grilled. Paneer tikka is usually served as an appetizer.
It is a very simple recipe; hence you can prepare this recipe at home as a starter and serve with mint chutney.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Appetizer
Cuisine : Indian
200 Gms Paneer
1 Red bell pepper
1 Green bell pepper
1/2 Cup thick curd or yogurt
2 Tablespoon gram flour
1 Tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1/4 Teaspoon carom seeds or ajwain
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
2 Tablespoons mustard oil
Salt to taste
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for half an hour to prevent it from burning while using it for grilling the tikka.
- Cut paneer into cubes, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and onion into medium square pieces.
- In a bowl mix together gram flour, yogurt, salt, garam masala powder, red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, carom seeds, lemon juice and mix all together. Meanwhile in a pan heat mustard oil, when it starts smoking put turmeric powder into it, mix well and pour it over the marinate and blend it well with the marinate.
- Now, to this add in the paneer cubes, red and green bell peppers and onion pieces.
- Marinate for 2 hour.
- As I am preparing the paneer tikka in grill, so preheat the grill to a high temperature so that it becomes really hot.
- Arrange the marinated paneer and vegetables in the skewers alternatively. You can use any combination you prefer. Brush it with a little oil.
- Place the arranged skewers; grill the paneer tikka for 20 minutes or until the edges of the paneer starts browning.
- While grilling, you can turn the skewers once in between so that the paneer is grilled evenly.
- Remove from skewers, drizzle a few drops of lemon juice over it and serve. I love it without any side dish as it taste great on its own.