Yay! It’s pasta time!
“Basil” is one of my favorite herbs. Pesto pasta is one my favorite in pasta dishes especially with the combo of homemade garlic bread. Make your own fresh basil pesto, it is a quick and easy to throw together in no time. You can even buy the canned pesto from stores, but I believe in fresh pesto, which I prepare at home.
This is so perfect for any night.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Pasta
Cuisine : Italian, Vegan
200 Gms pasta
2 Cups packed fresh basil
3 Garlic cloves
1/4 Cup toasted pine nuts
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add and cook the paste in the boiling and salted water until al dente.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine the basil, pine nuts, garlic, pepper and lemon juice in a blender and blend to a fine paste. Then add the grated cheese and olive oil and mix well. Check for salt. Add if needed. (The cheese provides the saltiness to the pesto, so always check for salt after adding the cheese).
- Add the pesto on the cooked pasta and toss well till pasta is well coated with the pesto.
- To garnish add a pinch of pepper and a bit of grated Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy with homemade garlic bread!