Recipe of the week 🙂
Egg Manchurian is a quick and easy appetizer recipe with the traditional Indo Chinese flavors. The boiled eggs are cut into halves and then dropped in hot and sour gravy. Recently I tried making this egg manchurian with hard-boiled eggs and they came out extremely delicious. Prepare this dish and I am sure you will definitely love this delicious egg manchurian.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Appetizer
Cuisine : Indo Chinese
4 Hard-boiled eggs
Oil for deep-frying
For the batter:
2 Tablespoons All purpose flour
4 Tablespoons Corn flour
1 Teaspoon red chili powder
Salt to taste
For the sauce:
1 Large onion
1/4 Cup red bell pepper
3 Spring onions with greens
1 Tablespoon ginger garlic paste
2-3 Green chilies
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons soya sauce
1 Tablespoons corn flour
1/2 Cup of water for diluting corn flour
1 Tablespoon oil
- Place eggs in a vessel add 1/2 tsp. of salt and enough water to cover the eggs. Bring water to boil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Drain the water, pour cold water over it and peel the shell. Perfect hard-boiled eggs are ready.
- Slice the eggs lengthwise in 4pieces.
- Finely chop onion, green chilies, red bell pepper and spring onion greens.
- Make a smooth paste of ginger and garlic.
Preparation of batter:
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour; corn flour, salt and red chili powder. Mix well with water to get a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip the sliced boiled eggs in the batter completely, drop gently to the hot oil and deep-fry them until golden brown. Drain the excess of oil and keep aside.
Preparation of sauce and gravy:
- In a pan heat oil, add onion when it becomes translucent add red bell pepper, green chilies, ginger and garlic paste.
- Then, add tomato sauce, soya sauce and needed salt.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of corn flour in 1/2 cup of water without lumps. Add this to the mixture and cook till you get your desired consistency.
- Then add the fried eggs and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve hot as an appetizer.