Matar paneer pulao is an aromatic and mildly spiced pulao. It hardly takes 10 – 15 minutes to prepare this pulao.
This is a perfect healthy lunch on your lazy Sundays. It is easy to prepare and can be served with various accompaniments and with a simple onion raita.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Rice dish
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup basmati rice
1/2 Cup paneer cubes
1/4 Cup green peas
1 Inch chopped ginger
2 Green chilies chopped
1/4 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
2 Inch piece cinnamon
Pinch of asafoetida
2 Tablespoon ghee
Salt to taste
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 15 minutes. Drain the water completely and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of ghee, when melts add in the paneer cubes. Shallow fry paneer cubes until they turn golden brown. Set them aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add dry whole spices. Sauté for few seconds, then add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When sizzles, add in the chopped ginger and green chilies, cashews and green peas. Sauté for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water and enough salt. Allow it to boil.
- When water starts boiling, add in the rice and mix well. Lower the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes without the whistle.
- After 10 minutes open the lid and add the fried paneer cubes. Mix it slightly; then again cook for 3-4 minutes with the lid on. Fluff the rice and serve hot.