Here I am with another quinoa recipe today, which is called quinoa tawa pulao. It is perfect for vegetarians and vegans . Quinoa is the wonderful food that is often referred to as a complete protein foods.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Vegetarian
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup quinoa, soaked and drained
1 Small chopped onion
2 Green chilies chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger- garlic
1/2 Cup chopped tomato
1 Medium size carrot roughly chopped
5-6 French beans roughly chopped
1/2 Cup fresh green peas
1 /2 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 Teaspoon cumin powder
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1.5 Teaspoon pav bhaji masala
1 Tablespoon coriander powder
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
2 Cups of water
- Wash and soak quinoa for at least 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Roughly chop the vegetables .
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds sizzle, add in the chopped ginger – garlic, onion, green chilies and salt. Sauté them till translucent.
- Add tomatoes followed by the spices turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, pav bhaji masala and coriander powder. Sauté them till oil separates.
- Now, add carrots, french beans, and green peas. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add quinoa, lemon juice and water, mix well. Cover and cook till the quinoa is completely done.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.