Here I have come with yet another healthy recipe that is brown rice methi pulao. Brown rice methi pulao is rich, delicious and healthy as well as filling. Brown rice is a nutritious whole grain that delivers fiber and complex carbohydrates. We have methi season now and I have lots of methi growing in my small home garden. So thought of preparing methi pulao and methi dal today, great combination I must say.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Rice dish
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup brown rice
1 Cup fenugreek /methi leaves
1/2 Cup green peas
1/2 Cup onion sliced
2 Green chilies
1 Tablespoon chopped ginger and garlic
1 Tablespoon oil
2.5 Cups water
Salt to taste
- Wash brown rice in running water for 2-3 times.
- Wash methi leaves thoroughly in running water and chop them finely.
- In a deep dish heat oil and add onion, green chilies, chopped ginger-garlic and salt. Sauté for a minute.
- Add green peas and sauté for few more minutes.
- Add methi leaves, sauté it on a medium flame.
- Then add the brown rice and mix it well. Add 2.5 cups of water and cook with the lid on for about 20-30 minutes on a medium flame or until the rice is cooked.