It is an exotic dish perfect for get together and small parties. It is one of the simplest pulao recipe that is suitable for vegetarians and nonvegetarians. This recipe has a richness of cashews, almonds and raisins, the dish has a unique flavor of its own. The mild and sweet flavor comes from aromatic spices making the recipe simply tempting. As it is mildly spiced and a little sweet, you can pair it with any spicy gravy.
Let’s prepare dry fruits pulao with easy steps….
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Rice dish
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup basmati rice
10-15 Cashew nuts
1 Tablespoon raisins
1 Teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
For the seasoning:
1 Tablespoon ghee
1 Bay leaf
2 Inch piece cinnamons
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 15 minutes. Drain the water completely and keep it aside.
- Heat the pressure cooker and add ghee. Add all dry spices, almonds, cashews, raisins and sugar. Sauté it for a minute.
- Add 1.5 cups of water and salt. Allow it to boil.
- Once it boils add in the soaked rice and mix well. Close the lid and wait for the first whistle on a low flame.
- Turn off the flame, let the pressure cooker cools down completely.
Serve hot with spicy gravy as a side dish and enjoy!