This easy and traditional coconut ladoo needs just 3 ingredients- desiccated coconut, milk, cardamom and sugar. Coconut ladoo is one of the sweets that can very easily be made for any festival.
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 12 ladoos
Category : Dessert, Sweet
Cuisine : Indian
1.5 Cups desiccated coconut
1 Cup powdered sugar
3 Cups milk
1/4 Teaspoon cardamom powder
- Roast the desiccated coconut on a low flame for around 2 minutes. Set them aside.
- Boil the milk in heavy bottom pan over medium to high heat, do stir occasionally.
- After milk comes to boil reduce the heat to medium and allow it to simmer for 30-40 minutes. Keep stirring.
- When thickens add in the powdered sugar, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Add the roasted desiccated coconut and cardamom powder. Cook till the mixture thickens and all the moisture evaporates completely.
- Cool the mixture slightly. When it comes down to room temperature, roll the mixture to lemon size balls.
- Store the coconut ladoos in an airtight container and refrigerate. Use within 5 to 7 days.