Besan Ladoo is one of the most popular sweet in Indian cuisine and it is an all time favorite. Sweet ladoo made with chickpea flour for almost every festival. I make besan ladoo regularly as it is my husband’s favorite. I remember, last time when I made besan ladoo for a get together with friends, It was gone in no time. This is an easy recipe with simple ingredients that are easily available.
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Total time : 20 minutes
Servings : 20 Ladoos
Category : Dessert, Sweet
Cuisine : Indian
250 Gms – Besan/Chickpea flour
250 Gms – Powdered sugar
200 Gms – Ghee
1/4 Teaspoon cardamom powder
5-6 Almonds finely sliced
- Powder sugar and keep it aside.
- Strain the chickpea flour and take it in a bowl.
- Heat ghee in a pan, and reduce the flame, add besan gradually and stir continuously so that there are no lumps.
- Cook on a low flame, stirring continuously till you get a nice aroma of roasted besan and the color starts changing.
- Now, switch off the flame and remove it from heat. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes after removing from heat.
- When it is warm add the powdered sugar, almonds, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Make a lemon size balls. After it cools completely, store in an airtight container.
- Suppose if the mixture becomes too dry, then just add 1-2 teaspoon of warm ghee to the mixture and then make besan ladoo.