Who don’t love cakes. Have you gave up your thought of baking cake just because you don’t have microwave.
Well! Well! Well! Now, You don’t have any excuses as you can make soft, spongy and fluffy cake at home and that too with pressure cooker.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
Total time : 45 minutes
Servings : One 8” cake
Category : Cakes
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup all purpose flour (Maida)
1 Cup condensed milk
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1/4 Cup butter
1 Teaspoon vanilla essence
- Clean and dry pressure cooker and must be sprinkled with baking soda at the bottom.
- Remove the gasket from the cooker top. Also whistle must be removed.
- Preheat pressure cooker over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Sieve together the Maida, baking powder and baking soda 3 times and keep it aside.
- Grease and flour the baking tin and keep it ready. (I used an 8 inch round baking tray).
- In a bowl add melted butter, maida, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla essence and condensed milk.
- Beat the mixture well using a hand blender to make a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture in the greased baking tin.
- keep the divider bowl or ring in cooker and then place the baking tin carefully on top of it.
- Allow it to cook for 2 minutes on high flame. Later, bring the flame to medium and cook for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of baking, open the cooker lid and take out the cake.
- Pierce toothpick at the center of cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, cake is ready. Else, you need to bake it for another 10 minutes.
- Wait for the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan, then cut it and enjoy!