I love cakes. This is the second time I am baking cake in pressure cooker. you can make cakes that need no oven. In my previous post I had tried an eggless cake in a cooker and decided to try a different recipe, a chocolate cake, but with eggs this time. This recipe will work in an oven too but it worked wonderfully well in my cooker.
So I hope you try this out too.
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
Total time : 45 minutes
Servings : One 8” cake
Category : Cakes
Cuisine : Indian
How to make chocolate cake
33 Gms or 4 tbsp. all purpose flour (Maida)
46 Gms or 4 tbsp. granulated sugar
36 Gms or 3 tbsp. milk
36 Gms or 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
21 Gms or 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
5 Gms or 1 tsp. baking powder
1 Gms or 1/4 tsp. salt
Strawberries for decoration purpose
Blueberries for decoration purpose
- A clean, dry pressure cooker and must be sprinkled with baking soda at the bottom.
- Remove the gasket from the cooker top. Also whistle must be removed.
- Preheat pressure cooker over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Sieve together the Maida, baking powder and cocoa powder. keep it aside.
- Grease and flour the baking tin and keep it ready. (I used an 8 inch round baking tray).
- In a bowl add egg to that add milk and whisk well. Then add granulated sugar and vegetable oil, continue whisking together. Then add in the dry ingredients salt, all purpose flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Beat the mixture well using a hand blender to make a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture in the greased baking tin.
- Now place the tin inside the pre-heated pressure cooker over the separator plate and close the lid.
- Allow it to cook for 2 minutes on high flame. Later, bring the flame to medium and cook for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of baking, open the cooker lid and take out the cake.
- Pierce toothpick at the center of cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, cake is ready. Else, you need to bake it for another 10 minutes.
- Wait for the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
120 Gms or 1/2 cup unsalted butter
200 Gms or 1.5 cups dark chocolate
125 Ml or 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Take a saucepan pour water into it and place on flame and allow it to simmer. Place a glass bowl on top of the saucepan and put chocolates, unsalted butter and heavy cream. Stir well and allow it to melt. When it melts well, remove from flame. Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Now pour the chocolate icing over the cake and spread evenly all over the cake with spatula or simply just pour down for a smooth finish.
- Then decorate with strawberry and blueberries.
- Refrigerate until it sets well and then serve.
- Be careful not to place the whistle or regulator, if you place the whistle or regulator the pressure cooker may explode.
- Cool the cake for at least 2 hours before frosting.