This is a simple, quick and easy recipe. It is full of garlicky flavor, which tastes delicious when paired with steamed rice.
For lasooni dal I am using toor dal. You can use both moong dal and toor dal to prepare the dish. Once the dal is boiled we simply prepare a tadka with lots of garlic. And then mix this tempered garlic with boiled lentil. And it’s done.
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Total time : 15 minutes
Servings : 2- 3
Category : Main dish
Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup toor dal
1 Small tomato pureed
15-20 Garlic cloves finely chopped
1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 Teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Tablespoon ghee
Pinch of asafoetida
Water as needed
Salt to taste
- Wash toor dal thoroughly with water and pressure cook with enough water and little salt for 3 whistles.
- Finely chop garlic.
- Heat ghee in a pan and splutter cumin seeds. Add asafoetida , garlic and salt. Sauté until golden brown.
- Add in the tomato puree , turmeric powder and red chili powder. Sauté and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now , add in the cooked dal and mix well. Add required water and salt if needed.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.