Here is again a healthy recipe of vegetable dalia pulao. Basically dalia is the Hindi term for broken wheat. Dalia or broken wheat pulao can be prepared in a pan, kadai or pressure cooker. It turns out soft and delicious. You can even use oats instead. Check out my oats recipe in one of my previous posts.
Prep time : 5 minutes Cooking time : 25 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Breakfast or Brunch Cuisine : Indian
Ingredients: 1 Cup dalia or broken wheat 1 Small onion 2 Finely chopped green chilies 1/2 Cup green peas 1 Inch ginger 1 Medium size carrot chopped 1 Small potato Pinch of turmeric powder Pinch of asafoetida 1 Tablespoon oil 1 Teaspoon mustard seeds Curry leaves 2 Cups of water Salt to taste
- Roast dalia it in medium flame till slightly hot to touch.
- Chop the vegetables finely. Keep everything aside.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add asafetida and curry leaves.
- Then add turmeric powder, finely chopped onions, ginger, green chilies and salt. Sauté till onions turn transparent.
- Then add all the vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the dalia and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water, green peas and Simmer the flame, stirring continuously to prevent it from forming lumps.
- Cover and cook on low flame, stirring in between, till all the water has evaporated and it becomes soft.
Serve hot and enjoy !!