Today’s recipe is a one-pot breakfast and is an excellent source of fiber and is also low in fat. This is a perfect choice for all those who are looking for a healthy wholesome quick breakfast recipe. It is not only healthy but also a filling breakfast recipe.
Prep time : 5 minutes Cooking time : 25 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Breakfast Cuisine : Indian
Ingredients: 1 Cup dalia or broken wheat 1 Small onion 2 Finely chopped green chilies 1/2 Cup green peas 1 Inch ginger 1 Tablespoon oil 1 Teaspoon mustard seeds 1 Tablespoon grated coconut Curry leaves 2 Cups of water Salt to taste
- Roast dalia on a medium flame till slightly hot to touch.
- Finely chop onion and green chilies.
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add curry leaves.
- Then add finely chopped onions, ginger, green chilies and salt. Sauté till onions turn transparent.
- Add in the dalia, mix well and sauté for at least 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, green peas and Simmer the flame, stirring continuously to prevent it from forming lumps.
- Cover and cook on low flame, stirring in between, till all the water has evaporated and it becomes soft.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve hot.