Peas Pulao is one of the simplest dishes I have made. This pulao can be done in a jiffy and also tastes delicious. The pulao is aromatic and has sweet tones because of peas or matar. This pulao can be made with fresh or frozen peas. After cooking, the rice grains should be separate and the pulao should not look mushy.
Prep time : 15 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Rice dish Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup basmati rice 1 Cup green peas 1/2 Cup sliced onion 1 Tablespoon chopped ginger and garlic Fistful – fresh mint leaves Fistful – cilantro Salt to taste
For the seasoning:
1 Tablespoon ghee 2 Cloves 1 Bay leaf 1 Cardamom 2 Inch piece cinnamon
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 15 minutes. Drain the water completely and keep it aside.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Heat the pressure cooker and add ghee. Add all dry spices and sliced onion and chopped ginger -garlic. Sauté until onion turns golden brown.
- Then add green peas, cilantro and mint leaves. Sauté for a minute.
- Add 1.5 cups of water and salt. Allow it to boil.
- Once it boils add in the soaked rice and mix well. Close the lid and wait for the first whistle on a low flame.
- Turn off the flame; let the pressure cooker cools down completely.