Achari Paneer is a unique flavorful main course paneer dish. It has thick pickled gravy, gives a very spicy and tangy flavor. Achari Paneer is often served with tandoori rotis and chapatis.
This is my second attempt of preparing achari paneer. First time when I prepared the result was not that great. I again tried preparing achari paneer some days back and this time the result was too good. So thought of sharing the recipe with you all.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 20 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main Cuisine : North Indian
250 Gms paneer 2 Medium size tomato 2-3 Green chilies 1 Inch ginger 1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1/2 Teaspoon red chili powder 1/4 Teaspoon fenugreek seeds 1 Teaspoon fennel seeds 1/2 Teaspoon cumin seeds 1/2 Teaspoon mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon coriander seeds Pinch of asafoetida 1/2 Cup cashew paste 1 Tablespoon oil Salt to taste Cilantro
- Grind tomato, green chili and ginger to a fine paste.
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Allow it to cool down and grind it coarsely.
- In a bowl take hot water and dip cottage cheese (paneer) for at least 15 minutes.
- Later cut paneer in cubes.
- In a pan heat oil, add coarsely ground spices, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Sauté for a minute.
- Then, add in the tomato, ginger and green chili paste. Sauté and cook until the oil oozes out from the masala.
- Add cashew paste and mix well. Keep stirring and allow it to simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Later, add in the paneer cubes, mix well and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro and enjoy hot!