Mushroom masala is an easy and quick recipe. It tastes delicious with a very special seasoning of garlic, peppercorn, curry leaves and green chilies. Mushrooms are very low in calories. They are good source of minerals and it also helps to boost our immune system.
So let’s start with today’s recipe.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 20 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 3
Category : Side dish Cuisine : Indian
250 Gms button mushrooms 1 Cup chopped onion 0.5 Cup chopped tomato 2 Slit green chilies 1 Tablespoon ginger- garlic paste 1 Teaspoon garam masala 1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Tablespoon coriander powder 1 Teaspoon red chili powder Salt to taste
For the seasoning:
1 Tablespoon oil 1 Tablespoon butter 3-4 chopped garlic 2 Slit green chilies 1 Teaspoon mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon peppercorn Curry leaves Cilantro
- Clean and wash the button mushrooms
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes, slit green chilies.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds, then add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion, green chilies, ginger – garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt. Sauté until the onions are nicely wilted.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes along with the dry spices. Cook until tomatoes become soft.
- Then, add in the cleaned button mushrooms and mix well. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now, for seasonings in a small pan add butter, when it melts add the chopped garlic, peppercorn, green chilies, curry leaves and cilantro. Fry it for a while.
- Pour the tadka over the mushroom curry and allow it to simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
Serve hot with roti, parathas and naan.