Today we will learn a simple chicken curry ,using basic ingredients. This chicken curry recipe is one of the easiest that even a beginner or bachelor can follow.
Chicken is marinated in curd imparts a unique flavor to the curry. The combination of curd, ginger, garlic and fresh curry leaves gives a very nice aroma and flavor.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 30 minutes Total time : 40 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main Cuisine : Indian
500 Gms chicken 0.5 Cup curd 1 Inch ginger 5-6 Garlic cloves 1 Teaspoon garam masala Curry leaves
1 Cup chopped onion 1 Cup chopped tomato 3-4 Green chilies 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Tablespoon coriander powder 1 Teaspoon red chili powder 2 Tablespoons oil 1 Cup water Cilantro Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
- Finely chop onions and tomatoes , slit green chilies .
- Grind ginger, garlic , garam masala and curry leaves with curd to a paste.
- Marinate the chicken with the ground paste. Mix well and keep it aside for at least 1 hour.
- In a kadai heat oil and add onion, green chilies and salt. Sauté until golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and coriander powder. Sauté and cook for sometime.
- When the oil starts to separate , add in the marinated chicken and mix well until they are well coated with gravy.
- Add 1-cup water, and mix well. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is tender. ( If you are preparing in pressure cooker then give 5-6 whistles)
- Switch off the heat and garnish with fresh cilantro.