This dish is very simple and easy to follow recipe, a great starting recipe for beginners. Chicken is sautéed in onion and tomato , flavored with aromatic spices and that is what makes this dish delicious.
Today, I prepared Punjabi style chicken drumstick, which turned out very well. So ,thought to share it with you all. I usually do not prefer pressure cooker to prepare chicken curry. I believe in slow cooking. The longer the gravy simmers, the smoother it will turn out to be. After adding water gravy was too thinned out but allowed it to simmer for 15 -20 minutes and the consistency was perfect!
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 30 minutes Total time : 40 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main Cuisine : Indian , Punjabi
4-5 Pieces of chicken drumsticks 1 Bay leaf 1 Cup onion 1.5 Cups tomato 5-6 Green chilies 1 Tablespoon chopped ginger – garlic 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Teaspoon red chili powder 1 Teaspoon black pepper 1 Teaspoon garam masala 2 Tablespoons kasoori methi ( fenugreek leaves) 2 Tablespoons oil 1 Cup water Cilantro Salt to taste Preparation:
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
- Cut onions into thin slices , slit green chilies, chop tomatoes and finely chop ginger-garlic.
- In a kadai heat oil and splutter bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped ginger – garlic, green chilies , onion and salt. Sauté until translucent.
- Add tomatoes , turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper,garam masala powder and kasoori methi. Mix well.
- When the oil starts to separate , Drop the chicken pieces and mix well until they are well coated with gravy.
- Add 1-cup water, and mix well. Cover and allow it to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is tender. And you will notice that the gravy has a smooth and thick consistency.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot!!