Quinoa is perfect for vegetarians and vegans . Quinoa is gluten free, low in fat, rich in fiber and it is the wonderful food that is often referred to as a complete protein foods. Quinoa contains a balanced set of essential amino acids needed for human health.
Quinoa with vegetables is easy to prepare. It is very delicious, filling, healthy and is a wholesome meal. Try this Quinoa Pulao recipe and enjoy the health benefits and wonderful taste of Quinoa!
Prep time : 15 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Vegetarian Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup quinoa ,soaked and drained 1 Small sliced onion 2 Slit green chilies 1 Inch ginger piece 1 Medium size carrot roughly chopped 5-6 French beans roughly chopped 1/4 Cup corn kernels 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon red chili powder 1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder 0.5 Teaspoon garam masala 1 Tablespoon oil Salt to taste 2 Cups of water Cilantro
- Wash and soak quinoa for at least 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Roughly chop the vegetables .
- Mince ginger or grind it coarsely.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds sizzle, add minced ginger, onion and slit green chilies. Sauté until onions turn transparent.
- Add carrots, beans ,corn kernels and salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add quinoa and mix well. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water. Cover and cook till the quinoa is completely done.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
- The consistency of water is just the same as we put in ,to prepare rice 1 : 2 ratio.