Konda kadalai is a simple and easy black chickpeas recipe. Sundals are healthy snacks which you can have any time of the day. You can have them accompaniment with your meals too. Konda kadalai has many health benefits. It is a good source of protein and fiber; thereby helps in weight loss also.
Soaking time : 8 hours or overnight
Prep time : 5 minutes (excluding soaking time)
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Side dish , Snack Cuisine : South Indian
1/2 Cup Kala Channa / Konda kadalai 1-2 Tablespoon fresh-grated coconut 1 Teaspoon mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon urad dal 2-3 Dried red chilies Pinch of heeng / asafoetida 1 Tablespoon coconut oil Curry leaves Salt to taste Preparation:
- Wash and soak the channa overnight.
- Pressure cook channa with a little salt in about 2 cups of water for 5-6 whistles until soft.
- In case, if there is water in the channa, drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when splutters add asafoetida, urad dal, dried red chilies and curry leaves.
- Fry till urad dal turns golden brown.
- Then add cooked channa and grated coconut and sauté until it is well coated.
- Add salt if needed.