Mushroom rice is an easy, tasty and flavorful dish and can be made in a matter of few minutes. Mushroom rice with raita is a healthy, delicious meal that one can have for lunch. So let’s get started.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 20 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2 Category : Rice dish Cuisine : Indian Ingredients:
1-Cup Basmati Rice 150 Gms button mushrooms 1 Medium size onion sliced 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds 1 Tablespoon ghee 50 Gms cashew nuts 1 Bay leaf 1 Inch cinnamon 2-3 Cloves 1.5 Cup water Handful mint leaves Cilantro Salt to taste Preparations:
- Rinse the rice till the water runs clear of the starch.
- Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes, drain the water and keep it aside.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into small pieces.
- Thinly slice onions.
- Heat oil in a pot and add whole garam masala, cumin seeds and sauté.
- Add cashew nuts cook it till cashew nuts are brown in colour.
- Add onions and sauté until onion turns translucent.
- Then add button mushrooms, chopped mint, cilantro and fry for a few seconds.
- Now, add 1.5 cups of water and salt, once the water comes to a boil, add rice, put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes on a high flame.
- Mix every thing well and cook again on a low flame for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame.
And serve hot with raita.