Potatoes and fenugreek leaves are a lovely combination together. Fenugreek leaves has a very unique taste packed with nutrients, which has a many health benefits. Try this wonderful recipe with rotis, parathas, steamed rice.
Prep time : 15 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Side dish Cuisine : Indian
1 Cup of tightly packed Fresh fenugreek leaves/ Methi leaves 1 Medium sized onion 2 Medium sized potatoes 2-3 Garlic cloves 2-3 Slit green chilies 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Tablespoon oil Salt to taste
- Remove the methi leaves, use the tender stems alone. Rinse the leaves thoroughly in running water and chop finely.
- Peel, rinse and chop the potatoes into small cubes.
- In a pan heat oil and add potatoes. Sauté the potatoes till slightly brown and crisp.
- Heat oil, and add onion, green chilies, garlic, salt and turmeric powder. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Now, add methi leaves, cover it and cook until it wilts.
- Later, add the sautéed potatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes with the lid on.
Serve hot with steamed rice, roti etc.