Spinach peas or Matar palak is another popular dish made with spinach. Spinach has a higher content of Iron. At least twice in a week we need to add greens in our diet for a healthy life. Spinach peas go well with poori, roti, chapati and naan.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 20 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Side dish Cuisine : North Indian Ingredients:
1 Bunch spinach/Palak leaves 1 Cup fresh green peas/ matar 1 Small chopped onion 1 Medium size chopped tomato 2-3 Green chilies 1 Tablespoon chopped ginger – garlic 1 Teaspoon coriander powder 0.5 Teaspoon garam masala 0.5 Teaspoon red chili powder 0.5 Teaspoon cumin powder 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Tablespoon cashew paste / fresh cream (optional) 1 Tablespoon oil 1/4 Bunch mint leaves 1/4 Bunch cilantro Salt to taste Preparations:
- Clean and wash spinach. Bring water to boil. Add spinach leaves and cook for 3-4 minutes, switch off. Once it cools, grind spinach along with mint leaves, cilantro, green chilies to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add chopped ginger-garlic, onion, salt and turmeric powder. Sauté till translucent.
- Then, add tomatoes along with the dry ingredients ,coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and cook with the lid on it until the tomatoes are mushy.
- Now, add spinach/palak puree and bring it to a boil and add green peas.
- Later, add the cashew paste or fresh cream and cook for another two minutes.