Spinach and eggs make for a healthy combination. Spinach is rich in iron and is a good source of Vitamin A and dietary fiber. Eggs are a great source of protein. This curry can be served with rotis, naan or rice.
Prep time : 25 minutes Cooking time : 10 minutes Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main course Cuisine : North Indian
1 Bunch spinach/Palak leaves 4 Eggs 1 Cup chopped onion 1 Cup chopped tomato 2-3 Green chilies 1 Tablespoon chopped ginger – garlic 1 Teaspoon coriander powder 0.5 Teaspoon garam masala powder 0.5 Teaspoon red chili powder 0.5 Teaspoon cumin powder 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Tablespoon fresh cream 1 Tablespoon oil 1/4 Bunch mint leaves 1/4 Bunch cilantro Salt to taste Preparations:
- Clean and wash spinach. Bring water to boil. Add spinach leaves and cook for 3-4 minutes, switch off. Once it cools, grind spinach along with mint leaves, cilantro, green chilies to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Place eggs in a vessel add 1/2 tsp of salt and enough water to cover the eggs. Bring water to boil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Drain the water, pour cold water over it and peel the shell. Perfect hard-boiled eggs are ready.
- Make slits on the top and bottom, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put a pinch of turmeric powder and salt. Drop all the eggs, fry it till slightly change its color and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger- garlic , onion and salt. Sauté till translucent.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and mix thoroughly. Cook with lid on it until the tomatoes are mashed.
- Now, add spinach/palak puree and bring it to a boil and add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the fresh cream and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
serve hot with steamed rice and rotis!!