This is a super easy dish for egg lovers. I like to prepare this dish especially when I am tired. With a bowl of hot steamed rice, this curry makes for a hearty dinner after a long hectic day. I also put together a salad on the side to make my meal even more nutritious.
Prep time : 15 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 5
Category : Main course Cuisine : Indian
3 Eggs 1 Cup chopped onion 1 Cup chopped tomato 1 Tablespoon ginger – garlic paste 1 Teaspoon coriander powder 0.5 Teaspoon garam masala powder 0.5 Teaspoon red chili powder 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Tablespoon oil Cilantro Salt to taste
- Whisk together egg, pinch of turmeric powder, pinch of red chili powder and salt.
- Now, grease the oil in a tawa on a medium heat. Once hot, add the egg mixture. When the egg begins to set, flip it over to the other side. Cook for few more minutes and set aside.
- Cut the omelette into 1-inch size pieces.
Note: Make sure that the omelette is well cooked on both the sides, so that it absorbs the juices from the gravy but does not run into it.
- In a pan heat oil and add onion, ginger- garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder and sauté till translucent.
- Add tomatoes, along with dry ingredients coriander powder, red chili powder, and garam masala powder. Cook till oil separates.
- Later, add 1 cup of water and cook till the gravy thickens to your desire.
- Then, add the omelette pieces to the gravy and cook again for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.