Egg burji is everyone’s comfort and favorite recipe. It is an Indian style of making scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes and lots of crushed pepper. It can be served at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Prep time : 5 minutes Cooking time : 10 minutes Total time : 15 minutes
Servings : 2
Category : Side dish Cuisine : Indian
2 Eggs 0.5 Cup finely chopped onion 0.5 Cup chopped tomato 2 Finely chopped green chilies 1/4 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Tablespoon crushed pepper 1 Tablespoon oil Cilantro Salt to taste
- Beat eggs slightly with a little salt and turmeric powder using a fork.
- Finely chop onion, tomato and green chilies.
- In a pan heat oil, add chopped onion and green chilies. Sauté till slightly brown.
- Then, add tomatoes and salt if needed. Cook until tomatoes turn soft.
- Add the beaten eggs and sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until the eggs are cooked and scrambled.
- Later, add pepper and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with hot rotis, puris and also serve with bread.