Aloo Matar is the most commonly served Indian recipe. It is a very delicious dish prepared with potatoes and green peas. It is very easy and quick to make. You can have this aloo matar curry with roti, puri, paratha, etc.
Prep time : 15 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Side dish Cuisine : North Indian Ingredients: 2 medium sized potatoes 1 Small chopped onion 0.5 Cup fresh green peas 2-3 Sliced green chilies 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 0.5 Teaspoon black pepper powder 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds 1 Tablespoon oil Cilantro Salt to taste
- Wash potatoes, peel off the skin and chop them into cubes, Set aside.
- Cook peas in a little water until soft and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil, and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onion, green chilies, turmeric powder and salt. Sauté till translucent.
- Add potato and mix well. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles in low flame.
- Once pressure releases open the lid and add green peas, let it boil.
- Later, add black pepper on top and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.