If you like the combination of spinach/ palak and garlic, then I am sure you will surely love this delicious recipe. As the name suggests it has loads of garlic in it, which goes well with rotis and naans.
Prep time : 5 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 20 minutes Servings : 6
Category : Main course
Cuisine : North Indian
Ingredients: 1 Bunch spinach/Palak 1 Cup lasoon / Garlic finely chopped 1 Small chopped onion 1 Medium size chopped tomato 2-3 Green chilies chopped 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon coriander powder 1 Teaspoon red chili powder 0.5 Teaspoon cumin powder 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Tablespoon oil Pinch of asafoetida Salt to taste
- Clean and wash spinach. Bring water to boil. Add spinach leaves and cook for 3-4 minutes. Once it cools, grind it to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds ,when splutters put asafoetida.
- Add onions, green chilies , garlic and salt. Sauté till translucent.
- Add tomatoes along with all the spices given. Close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Now, add spinach/palak puree and bring it to a boil.
And serve hot!!