Kaati Roll is a simple and nutritious snack, perfect for busy morning breakfast / evening snack. This is a tasty and filling wrap sold in the street side food stalls that are loaded with veggies. Basically this is a roti that is flattened on an egg omelet, which is later stuffed with raw, seasoned vegetables, served after rolling it like a wrap.
Prep time : 15 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2 Category : Snacks Cuisine : Indian
Ingredients: 2 Eggs 2 Cups Wheat flour 2-3 Finely chopped green chilies 1/2 Cup sliced onion 1/2 Cup carrot 1/2 Cup green bell pepper 1/2 Teaspoon lemon juice 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper 1 Tablespoon oil Tomato ketchup Salt to taste Preparation:
- In a bowl take wheat flour, a pinch of salt, and mix it with water to make tight dough.
- Then add little oil and mix it again and keep aside.
- Take an egg in a bowl, add a little salt and just beet it.
- Chop the vegetables into thin juliennes, add pepper powder, salt, lemon juice and transfer to a bowl.
- Take the dough and roll it to make a big roti.
- Meantime, heat tawa or skillet. When it is hot, transfer the roti and cook both the sides slightly.
- Heat oil on a pan. Pour the egg mixture and spread it.
- Slow up the flame and keep the half cooked roti.
- Turn it other side slowly and take it in a plate.
- Now, top it up with the prepared vegetable stuffing.
- Transfer it on the silver foil and just roll it and cover it.
Serve it with sauce.