Paneer Makhani is yet another popular Punjabi dish. Paneer are simmered in a creamy, tomato sauce. Paneer Makhani is easy and quick to make. Paneer Makhani is served in almost all Indian restaurants and is loved by many people.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 25 minutes
Servings : 4 Category : Main course Cuisine : Indian
300 Gms cottage cheese (paneer)
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger and garlic
0.5 Cup fresh tomato puree
0.5 Teaspoon cumin seeds
0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon chilli powder
0.5 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1 Teaspoon kasuri methi
2 Tablespoon fresh cream
2 Tablespoon butter
Salt to taste.
- In a bowl take hot water and dip cottage cheese (paneer) in it and set aside.
- Put the tomatoes in boiling water and close it. After 10 minutes, drain the water, remove the skin and puree the tomatoes.
- Heat butter in a pan and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add finely chopped ginger-garlic and turmeric powder.
- Now, add fresh tomato puree, garam masala powder, chilli powder, salt and kasuri methi. Cook until the raw smell of the tomato goes and it starts leaving oil.
- Pour little water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut paneer into cubes and add it to the mixture and mix well. Simmer and cook for a few minutes. Add water if needed.
- Garnish with fresh cream and cook for another 2 minutes.
Enjoy and serve hot.
If you have frozen cottage cheese (paneer) then place it in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes to make it soft and tender.