Paneer burji is a popular preparation loved by Indians. Paneer burji is also used as a stuffing for dosas, similar to the aloo stuffed masala dosa. Paneer burji is a good alternative for egg burji which is filled with loads protein.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 25 minutes Servings : 4 Category : Side dish. Cuisine : Indian
250 Gms crumbled or grated cottage cheese (paneer) 1 Medium chopped onion 1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger and garlic 2-3 Chopped Green chillies 0.5 Cup chopped tomatoes 0.5 Teaspoon cumin seeds 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 0.5 Teaspoon red chilli powder 0.5 Teaspoon garam masala powder 1 Tablespoon oil Salt to taste Cilantro
- In a bowl take hot water and dip cottage cheese (paneer) for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and Crumble or grate paneer.
- This process will make the paneer soft. If you are using the fresh paneer skip this step.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onions, finely chopped ginger-garlic, green chilli and salt. Sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Now add chopped tomato following with the dry ingredients turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Cook until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add crumbled paneer and mix well and cook until everything gets blended well with the masala.
Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- If you are using the paneer burji for stuffing then don’t add the water.