Potato Egg curry is a popular Indian dish. It can be accompanied with any flavored rice, roti or chapathi. When you have unexpected guests for the evening and nothing special to serve. Egg and potato curry will solve your problem it is very quick and easy to make and extremely delicious.
Prep time : 15 minutes Cooking time : 25 minutes Total time : 40 minutes
Servings : 6
Category : Main course Cuisine : Indian
100 Gms potatoes
0.5 Cup finely chopped tomato
1 Teaspoon red chilli powder
1 Teaspoon coriander powder
0.5 Teaspoon cumin powder
0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder
0.5 Teaspoon cumin seeds
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1 Large onion
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger-garlic
2-3 Green chillies
- Place eggs in a vessel add 1/2 tsp of salt and enough water to cover the eggs. Bring water to boil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Drain the water, pour cold water over it and peel the shell. Perfect hard boiled eggs are ready.
- Make slits on the top and bottom, keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and put little bit of turmeric powder and salt. Drop all the eggs and potatoes, fry it till slightly change its color and keep aside.
- Grind onion, finely chopped ginger-garlic and green chillies to a smooth paste.
- Firstly, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it splutters , put the ground mixture and salt. Cook till raw flavour is gone.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and cook until tomatoes become soft and mushy.Put almost 1 cups of water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add the fried eggs and potato. Mix everything well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
N’ Joy !!