Egg kurma is a delicious egg curry cooked in coconut gravy. This simple egg kurma is made in South Indian Style that pairs with chapathi, appam, paratha and also with rice.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 25 minutes Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 5
Category : Main dish Cuisine : South Indian, Kerala
4-6 Boiled eggs
1 Large chopped onion
1 Cup fresh tomato puree
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
Salt to taste
For the paste:
2-3 Green chilli
1 Inch ginger piece
3 Garlic cloves
0.5 Cup grated coconut
0.5 Teaspoon fennel seeds
0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder
0.5 Teaspoon red chilli powder
0.5 Teaspoon garam masala powder
1 Teaspoon coriander powder
- Boil the eggs and remove the shell, make slits on the top and bottom, keep it aside.
- Grind the ingredients to fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and put little bit of turmeric powder and salt. Drop all the eggs, fry it till slightly change its colour and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add chopped onion and curry leaves. Sauté it till transparent.
- Add fresh tomato puree and salt .Cook it until mushy.
- Add the ground paste and sauté it well till the raw smell goes off.
- Add around 1 cup of water and let the mixture gets boil.
- Now, add in the boiled eggs .Close the lid and cook for another 10 minutes on a medium flame
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.