Tomato Chutney is a delicious tomato sauce flavored with ginger and garlic. This sweet and sour tomato chutney is made with slightly sour tomatoes that brings a natural sourness.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 10 minutes Total time : 20 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Side dish Cuisine : Indian
Ingredients: 1 Cup tomato 1 Small onion 1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger- garlic 1 Teaspoon red chili powder 1 Tablespoon jaggery 0.5 Teaspoon cumin seeds 1 Tablespoon oil Pinch of heeng Curry leaves Cilantro Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, when it splutters put curry leaves.
- Add onion, finely chopped ginger-garlic and salt. Sauté till golden brown.
- Add tomato along with a pinch of heeng and red chili powder. Sauté and cook for 3-4 minutes, till the tomato dissolves.
- Now, turn off the flame, add jaggery and cilantro. Mix everything well and allow it to cool.
- At the end blend the mixture to a fine paste.
Serve with Puris, Parathas and kachoris.