Raita is done with yogurt and is a part of every Indian thali and which tones down your spice level. Today I am going to prepare raita exactly the way my mother used to prepare. I love raita for the simple reason that they are very healthy and can be prepared in no time.
Prep time : 5 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 20 minutes
Servings : 2-3 Cuisine : Indian Category : Side dish Ingredients: 1 Cup thick curd / yogurt. 20-25 Small bhindi / okra 2-3 Slit Green chillies 4-5 Curry leaves 0.5 Teaspoon mustard seeds 2 Dried red chilli 1 Tablespoon oil Salt to taste. Method:
- Wash, wipe it dry well and chop bhindi in small pieces and slit green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds ,when it splutters put dried red chilli and curry leaves.
- Now, add bhindi and green chillies. Sauté them in a medium flame till they are crisp.
- Drain the fried bhindi on tissue or on paper towel and allow it to cool.
- whisk the curd/yogurt in a bowl till smooth.
- Add salt and the fried bhindi . mix well.
- Serve bhindi raita with Indian meal.