Oats is a very convenient ingredient which is easily available in any grocery store and it is also very nutritious. Now a days people are very diet conscious and want to be healthy and it is very helpful for weight loss as well.
Prep time : 15 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 3
Cuisine : Indian, Maharashtra Category : Snack
Ingredients: 1 Cup oats 0.5 Teaspoon cumin seeds 0.5 Teaspoon mustard seeds 1 Small chopped onion 1 Teaspoon chopped ginger 2 Finely chopped green chillies 7-8 French beans 1 Chopped carrot 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Tablespoon oil Water Salt to taste.
- Roast the oats till they are slightly crisp.
- Heat oil in a pan, and splutter cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Add chopped ginger, green chilli, onion, carrot, french beans and salt. Sauté it for a while.
- Add turmeric powder and mix everything well.
- Add little amount of water. Cover the lid and cook the vegetable for 2-3 minutes.
- When it is half done, add oats and put some more water to cook oats.
- After adding water cover the lid and cook on a medium flame for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot.